Dating In A RecessionIf You Are Single
If you are single and looking for the right person, you are not going to just stop dating in a recession. That would just be silly.
What you can do however is try to reduce the amount of money that you spend on a date. Your date may or may not like that you are trying to spend less money on her but if she is a serious girlfriend then you can tell her that you are not only saving for a rainy day but that you are saving for that big day the two of you will share one day.
You can do this a couple of different ways:
1. Coupons - everyone loves a good deal and coupons are wonderful ways to get them. Either from the paper or online it doesn't matter you can cut them out or print them out to save yourself some money while dating in a recession.
There are a number of websites online dedicated to saving you money and offer discounted gift certificates or half off deals on any one of your favorite restaurants.
2. Sign up to receive emails from your favorite places and "like" them or follow them on the social media pages. If they are anything worth their salt they will frequently advertise specials and discounts at their place of business.
3. Instead of going out to eat stay in and cook a meal. It is always cheaper to make a home cooked meal than eat out. This way you can save a little money to go out to your favorite club after dinner. If you should go out as a group then designate a driver for those who will be drinking to save money on cab fair.
4. Limit the number of drinks you buy or have. No one needs to drink just to get drunk especially on a first date or even in the first five dates. If they do then you may have to rethink this person as a long term relationship prospect. There could be an underlying problem there that you do not want to get messed up in.
5. Look for free or less expensive things to do on your date. Not every date has to be dinner and a movie. Take her to the club on ladies night and she will at least be the one getting in for free. Save you some that way too.
6. Summertime is a great time to see all of the outdoor concerts or fairs in your area and maybe even the ones a few towns over. State fairs should be gearing up as well all over the country.
7. Plan a day trip somewhere. Plan and pack a nice picnic lunch and then all you need is the company you love to keep and a tank of gas. Take a little extra money and don't forget to buy her a souvenir from your trip.
Dating in a recession doesn't have to be hard. It can be inexpensive and fun. Challenge yourself to save as much money as you can while you are getting to know your date.
Communication In Relationships
... should fix them. But they neglect themselves. While you need to be willing to tell your partner what bothers you, you also need to be willing to accept it when they do the same. It is not fair if they fix everything that bothers you, but you do not do the same. Relationships are built on equality, both parties need to be willing to make changes to ensure they can coexist happily. ...
Men To Avoid Dating
... the biggest reasons, in my experience, that women date the wrong types of guys is this: the women are insecure about themselves and are just looking for anyone to "love" them. Unfortunately, many guys who are also insecure about themselves look for these type of women so they can control them. That makes the guy feel like he is in control and like he is powerful. That is a bad ...
Fun Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
... insight into what makes him tick. What's the wildest thing that you have ever done? Warning! Only ask this question if you are ready for the answer. You may be shocked at some of the things your boyfriend has done, or you may be amused by them. The only way to find out is to ask him. These are only a few of the fun questions to ask your boyfriend, but don't stop there. Once you ...
Dating Young Women
... these things first: 1. Age isn't just about numbers, in most cases it is about life experience. Some things can only be learned by experiencing them. That can be one of the biggest problems if you try to date someone younger than you. It's about more than immaturity, it's just about being young and not having had many life experiences. Sometimes that chasm between the two of you ...